Wednesday 15 October 2014

A PEEP INTO LIFE WITHOUT "F.O.D"


It's been about 5 weeks since my Father, my Friend and my Mentor was called to glory, trust me, life has not been the same.

He was the kind of man you could beat your chest and say would live for the next 20 years at least. So full of life and energy. There was never a dull moment with my father. Dad was loved by many, by both young and old, in church, in the community and within his nuclear/extended family. He worked hard and smart. Oh, death is cruel.

God took a decision we couldn't change. Our usual bubbling family home has become quite a shadow of itself. The silence there at the moment brings tears to my eyes, The tears flow when I remember his jokes and see our family pictures. No mortal being can bring him back but the scriptures assures me all will be well.

Reality dawned on me when he was lowered to the grave. My tears flowed. It had to flow. He was a great man.

Special thanks to everyone who supported us during this sad period, through words of encouragements, financial assistance and prayers. May the lord bless you exceedingly and cause joy to be your lot all the days of your life. Amen.

Moving on has been difficult including many intrigues that cannot be expressed in this post. Nevertheless, Xantaplus is attempting to fill the enormous shoes his father has left behind but it is not  an easy task at all. Work activities has helped my transition from the lowest point of my life to picking up the pieces gradually. I am still hurt and pained.

Quite a number of fatherless friends and associates consoled me and shared their story. Some of them lost their father/parents at a very early age yet the lord pulled them from hopelessness into glory. 

F.O.D succeeded in training us to an enviable stage. He ensured we had the best gifts from a father, LOVE and GOOD EDUCATION. His efforts to ensure we had a means of livelihood after our education was priceless. In all, I consider us blessed to have had a father like him. He was a gift from above. His legacies and name will live on for a lifetime.

Mum was most affected by this loss and the truth is she will miss him for a lifetime. I mean he wasn't a saint like every mortal man but he was the best husband she could ever pray for and the best father we could have wished for. He sowed the seed of love and togetherness in his family. His companionship cannot be replaced. God knows best.

Theresa, Titi, Tunde, Tayo, Tolu, Tola, Milan and Miguel miss you dad.

We will continue to remember you for good and pray that your soul rest in perfect peace.

Amen.

Xantaplus


No comments:

Post a Comment