Friday 13 December 2013

FAKE INTERPRETER AT MANDELA'S MEMORIAL BEGS FOR FORGIVENESS


Thamsanqa Jantjie said that he began hallucinating whilst interpreting at the Nelson Mandela memorial, saying that he saw "angels". He added that he was once hospitalised in a mental health facility for more than one year and claimed he suffered a schizophrenic episode on stage that left him unable to do his job properly


Mr Jantjie, who stood gesticulating feet away from US President Obama and others who spoke at Tuesday's ceremony that was broadcast around the world, insisted that he was doing proper sign-language interpretation of the speeches of world leaders.


"What happened that day, I see angels come to the stadium ... I start realising that the problem is here. And the problem, I don't know the attack of this problem, how will it come. Sometimes I get violent on that place. Sometimes I will see things chasing me," Mr Jantjie said.


He also apologised for his performance that has been dismissed by many sign-language experts as gibberish.

No comments:

Post a Comment