Friday 18 October 2013

OAU GRADUATE ARRESTED FOR IMPERSONATING MEDICAL DOCTOR IN LAGOS

ADEYEMI
Policemen attached to the Area H police command Ogudu, Lagos, have arrested one Adeyemi Akintolure  for allegedly impersonating a medical doctor.

The suspect, who was paraded on Thursday, was arrested following a petition that he fraudulently obtained the sum of N500,000 (Five hundred thousand naira) from one Joy Umosekhaimhe.

Damascus Ozoani,the Deputy police spokesperson, stated that Akintolure introduced himself to the police as a medical doctor with the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, and tendered an identity card No. 13541 which showed that he was a surgeon and a gynaecologist.

The police added that the suspect further presented his certificate of annual practising licence issued to him by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria but investigations revealed that both documents were fake.

“A letter was written to LUTH on 23/7/2013 to authenticate his claims. On 10/10/2013, LUTH replied that the suspect is not an employee of the hospital and was not issued the identity card,” Ozoani said. “The suspect confessed that he was not a medical doctor but has been practising as such for about four years using his vehicle as a mobile clinic.”

The police added that after a search of the suspect’s house and vehicle, officers recovered “different types of drugs, injections, syringes and laboratory coat, blood pressure monitor, stethoscope, LUTH identity card and a complimentary card”.

Akintolure claimed he graduated from the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Osun State, but he chose to  impersonate doctors.

“I am from Ondo State and I am married. I graduated from the Obafemi Awolowo university in 1997 where I studied Marketing. I claimed to be a medical doctor with LUTH because I was a Personal Assistance to my uncle who was a medical doctor,” he confessed. “I just decided to print the LUTH Identity card on my own so as to present myself to people as a medical doctor. I don’t treat people with serious ailments but I only administered malaria drugs to people. I have made over N100,000 before I was arrested.”

Ozoani said the suspect would be charged to court after investigations are concluded.

Credits: Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment